Saturday, February 21, 2015

New Moon Wishes #6


Hey everyone, and welcome to New Moon Wishes, a series where I share some of my intentions for the following four weeks. Every New Moon eve I'll sit down, meditate on my priorities, and share some of them here the next couple of days. These can be challenges or simply things that I wanna do of my life. I encourage you to do the same and push yourself to enjoy more of your life!

If I had to name a good thing about being unemployed (between all the negative aspects), I would say the possibility to work on projects and goals that otherwise wouldn't be possible in a normal 9 to 18 routine. And that's exactly what I've been doing lately. Let's take a look to my previous New Moon wishes first.

☽◯

1. Finish the research project I'm working (for free) on. Done! More specifically, this consisted on producing and assembling an eBook about the research team's current project on urban biodiversity. This document will be published next week! I also worked on other graphic aspects like various habitat maps developed by the team, as well as some diagrams and illustrations clarifying their methodology for the mentioned mapping. Although I didn't get a salary for these four months, this eBook is now something to add to my curriculum, which is always a good thing.

2. Put Terra Mystique + Luna back & running! Done too! Terra + Luna is now open for business with still many of my classic pieces available for purchase. Some of my best-sellers are sold tho, and I'm currently wondering whether I should reinvest and relist those items or invest on some new stuff. My budget is really really tight right now, but I'm pushing through. Also, since I changed my business' name and Facebook won't let me change my page's name because it's over 200 likes, I had to create a new Facebook page with the new name. I now have to rebuild my audience - thanks a lot, Facebook - so please go give my new page some love and I promise not to spam your feed! :)

3. Renewal. I guess this is something you don't do in a defined period of time, but rather over time. I still need to work a little on nurturing myself and changing some habits. 


Aaand these are my March
☽NEW MOON WISHES☾

1.  Finish the ongoing production for Terra + Luna. This means mainly new logo & new items! Also, a small revamp for the blog, creating an 'About' page for it and also finishing the 'About' page for my Etsy store. Phew, so much to do. I surely know how to keep myself busy while unemployed. But I'm loving every piece of it.

2. Snooze less. What started as a small treat, as I suddenly found myself without a defined routine, turned out to be quite the nuisance. Yes, I am proud to say that I am a morning person and that I really enjoy making the most out of those first hours of the day. I've also been wishing to start doing some morning yoga as well, and that will never happen if I keep getting out of bed an hour after I've silenced my alarm.

3. Turn my pc off earlier. Did you know that it is advised to go offline at least 45-60 minutes before bed time? An enourmous amount of scientific studies claim that the light of computers, tablets, TVs and phones can disrupt our circadian rhythms - basically, making it harder for our brain to settle down and go goodnight mode. While this may sound almost farfetch'd because most of us can still fall asleep quite quickly after checking our Facebook feed one last time before calling it a night, there is scientific evidence that this pattern might bring consequences to one's health on the long term. Just make a small research, and you will find innumerous webpages on the topic. In the end, this wish also works as an excuse for me to read more books. I love my books.

4. Spoil my locks more. Since I was a little girl, one of my biggest dreams was to have this loooong mane draping down my lower back. I was once close to that goal, until I made the deeply regretable decision to chop half of it back when I was 17. Since then, and especially because I had to start taking the pill, my locks got much thinner over time and my hair's growth rate kept reducing more and more. Quitting the pill is not an option for me mainly because of health issues, so I'm committed to finding other alternatives to help my hair grow faster and healthier. 


What are your plans or goals for the next upcoming weeks? Feel free to share them in the comments down below!


EDIT (22 Feb): In the New Moon wish #2, I meant to say 'snooze' not 'snore' LOL. Can't believe I actually typed that!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...