Monday, June 9, 2014

Easy, Cheap & Healthy Two-Ingredient Pancakes: Low Calorie, Gluten Free & Dairy Free Recipe


A week ago I posted a picture of these pancakes that I had for breakfast. This is a recipe that has been floating around for a while but it's so amazing that I thought I'd share it too. You know, to try and make it reach you because you deserve to know about it. When I first saw the recipe on Cassey Ho's Youtube channel I hardly believed it, so simple it looked. But when I decided to give it my own try (after all, it only costs a few cents to make them), I was surprised! They actually look really tasty, and I guarantee that a pile of these will fill you up. Plus, they are low calorie, gluten-free and dairy-free, which makes them a great healthier option to start out the day!

So, bear with me for a minute or two; it is all you need to read and get curious for this recipe.


Two-Ingredient Pancakes Recipe
Panquecas de dois ingredientes

Ingredients: Ingredientes:
(serves 6-8 pancakes) (serve entre 6 a 8 panquecas)
1 banana 1 banana
2 eggs 2 ovos

Optional: Opcional:
1/8 tsp baking powder 1/8 c. chá fermento
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon 1/8 c. chá canela em pó

...and that's it! ...e é isso!


First things first, get your ingredients and throw together into a bowl or blender. Mix and puree the components until you get a homogeneous batter (I use a magic wand immersion blender since I don't own an oster blender). If you want, this is the time to also add your baking powder and cinnamon, or even a few drops of vanilla extract. It doesn't need to get totally smooth, but make sure you mash it all well, else you'll end up with some banana-chunk-and-scrambled-egg-tasting goo instead. We don't want that.


Heat a non stick skillet at medium-low heat, adding a little bit of oil of your choice (I use olive oil). Then you cook them just like normal pancakes! Pour a circle of batter and use a spatula to flip them when the underside gets golden brown. It usually takes between 90 seconds to 2 minutes for each pancake.


They look just like actual pancakes! While the taste might feel a little weird at the very first bite, believe me; you just need to be creative. Add butter while they're still hot, syrup, agave nectar, raw honey, peanut butter, jam, fresh berries, nuts... whatever you like. Bon appétit!


I hope you've enjoyed this post on how to make healthy pancakes using only two simple ingredients. I'm positively sure that some of you might actually hate them, but others will certainly love them. I actually made D. a fan of these. Feel free to give them a try!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...