Hiya, everyone! We're having quite of the summer weekend around here! Damn, this year's flying. Are you ready for the upcoming season?
Speaking of "time flies", I just remembered I'm a quarter of a century old, even though my 25th birthday was half an year ago. During these 25 years of life, I've come to fall in love with many things, one of them being learning and sharing stuff. Everyday I strive for new experiences and personal growth, and I feel blessed for all the lessons that life has taught me till today. So with this post I bring you 25 of these little yet important things, hoping they will encourage you in some way.
1. Doesn't matter how lonely you may feel, you are never alone.
2. The best things in life are those which cannot be touched. Namely awesome, unforgettable experiences.
3. Try to travel the world while you're young and mobile. Never think about waiting for retirement!
4. Being connected to the world through social media is great, but don't allow yourself to disconnect from reality by investing too much of yourself on them.
5. "Choose a career you love and you will never have to work a day in your life" (Confucius). Also, tomorrow's market needs may not be the same as today's. Expand your horizons.
6. Bullying leaves a lasting mark, perhaps for the entire life.
7. Never judge someone for what they look, for they may be truly special on the inside. By judging and repelling someone just because they look different, you might be losing a potential great friend.
8. Your body was the one given to you and the only one you will own in your entire life, so invest in your self-esteem and watch over yourself.
9. Doesn't matter how many awesome people you meet in your path, there is nothing like childhood friends. No one will understand you as well as those you grew up with.
10. Running away from your problems will only make the situation worse; they won't solve themselves.
11. Don't be afraid of making mistakes. They will happen hundreds of times in our lives, each one as a lesson to teach us.
12. That leads to a great popular truth: Failure makes you stronger.
13. We are not bodies with souls; we are souls with bodies. - C.S. Lewis
14. If you love someone, tell them.
15. Bad days do not last forever.
16. Not all stress can be avoided and I know it's easier said than done, but do not stress over situations which cannot be controlled.
17. Too much makeup doesn't make a woman prettier. No one is perfect, so learn to be at peace with your natural beauty. Your significant other (or potential, if you're single) will be happier- and so will you.
18. Raw honey is the best cough remedy.
19. Motherly and fatherly roles in education are the key to better generations. School doesn't teach everything.
20. You can't please everybody. Learn to say 'no', else you'll go crazy. In deeper words, always follow your own heart and passions, and not what others want you to do.
21. Human beings are a part of Nature, not apart from Nature.
22. There is always, ALWAYS, something to be grateful for. Learn to appreciate the smallest things in your life.
23. Life is pretty simple; we're the ones who make it complicated. Each one of us has the power to see life the way they want.
24. Things change over time. Anything is possible.
25. Happiness is not a goal to reach, but a whole journey to live.