Tuesday, April 29, 2014

New Moon Wishes #1


  
Hey there and welcome to my newest blog series, New Moon Wishes!

First things first, I know it has been silent since I came from the Geres National Park and I hadn't posted pictures of that trip last week. My internship has really gotten the best of me. Then, D. ended up in the hospital with a broken jaw (it's kind of a funny story), so I spent the entire weekend being present and taking care of the poor lad.

Anyway, back to the scheduled program. In order to keep myself accountable, every New Moon I will share some of intentions for the next four weeks. These can be challenges or simply things that I wanna do of my life. I encourage you to do the same and push yourself to enjoy more of your life! Here are my first seven New Moon wishes:


1. Produce Terra Mystique's first lookbook. I've been planning this for too long now (there, I said it). In fact, this was supposed to be a surprise but this project has been dragging itself for moons now. It's not that I'm too lazy to just go for it or anything; I have a photographer, a model, a spot... and all of the pieces needed for the photoshoot have been crafted and kept in a drawer. Life's just been so busy lately, we can never find a good day to meet and make it real. This Moon, tho, we must will make it!

2. Order materials for TM's new collection. I've brainstormed and brainstormed and brainstormed... now it's time for some treasure hunting and creative sessions! I spy beachy and leather and turquoise.

3. Finish my Blogilates beginner's calendar. For a few years I have inconsciously neglected the benefits of exercise- and my body and mind have paid for it. A couple of weeks ago, however, I started this pilates calendar for beginners by Cassie Ho, and I've been feeling a lot better. When I finish day 28 I may repeat another couple of weeks until I feel ready to join her monthly calendars, with some yoga in between. The main purpose? To gain strength, flexibility and balance. Most of all, to feel better about myself. If you don't know Cassie I highly encourage you to take a look at her Youtube channels and try her videos out. Sure, she will make your body sore, but she'll make you smile too. It's really worth it, believe me!

4. Embark on my organic journey. Did you know that conventional apples are on many lists of cancer-causing foods? It sounded crazy to me as well first time I read it, but conventionally grown fruits and veggies are often sprayed with synthetic pesticides and fertilizers which are harmful to human health. According to the Environmental Working Group, conventional apples are ranked FIRST in the list of dirty fruits. So when most people think they're eating healthy, they might instead be contaminating their bodies with nasty chemicals and toxins. This is the main reason 'going organic' is one of my main life goals. Besides, organic fruits taste SO much better. But it doesn't end here. My real goal is to discard the greatest number of synthetic products from my life - even conventional shampoo and other beauty products - and replace them with more natural choices. I know this is a very tough and long journey, but I've decided to take small steps and start with fruits, veggies, and teas. While I cannot afford a vegetable garden, the farmer's market sounds like a good idea for now.

5. Develop my college final project. My academic internship will end in exactly two months and while final papers are only due in September, I want to finish my research project as quickly as possible and spend a minimally relaxed summer season. Even if I'm only to defend my report after August (yikes).

6. Finish reading my book. I mean, the book that I started reading almost one year ago. Back in my teen times I used to read at least one book a month, but with my current routine I find it quite difficult. Besides, it's freaking A Song of Ice and Fire! Why can't I devour my favourite series' books? (I still love reading, tho)

- See more at: http://www.eatlifewhole.com/2013/10/organic-apples-vs-regular-apples-does-it-really-matter/#sthash.jQp6TeL9.dpuf
Did you know that apples are one of the most highly contaminated crops when it comes to pesticides?
Now while we don’t preach that everything you eat has to be organic (especially when you are on a budget), we do feel strongly that some foods should most definitely be consumed organic if you can help it. According to the Environmental Working Group, apples are at the very top of the Dirty Dozen list for being a highly contaminated crop, right next to celery and tomatoes – a topic we explore and visualize in our latest Eat Real Essentials eBook. (If you’re ready to restock that pantry and eat healthier, checkout the guide and sample pages here.)
- See more at: http://www.eatlifewhole.com/2013/10/organic-apples-vs-regular-apples-does-it-really-matter/#sthash.jQp6TeL9.dpuf
Did you know that apples are one of the most highly contaminated crops when it comes to pesticides?
Now while we don’t preach that everything you eat has to be organic (especially when you are on a budget), we do feel strongly that some foods should most definitely be consumed organic if you can help it. According to the Environmental Working Group, apples are at the very top of the Dirty Dozen list for being a highly contaminated crop, right next to celery and tomatoes – a topic we explore and visualize in our latest Eat Real Essentials eBook. (If you’re ready to restock that pantry and eat healthier, checkout the guide and sample pages here.)
- See more at: http://www.eatlifewhole.com/2013/10/organic-apples-vs-regular-apples-does-it-really-matter/#sthash.jQp6TeL9.dpuf
7. Get a hairstyle makeover. Because seriously, I'm kinda tired of looking the same as I did almost 10 years ago. I'm not telling I'm ready to get a short haircut (because I'm not), but I was thinking of getting a different fringe and red ombre hair. Yep, I love ombre. Bring it on.


Thanks for looking! Do you often write your own intentions and goals for the week, month, or even year? Feel free to share yours and have fun with it!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...