Saturday, January 4, 2014

Thanking the Stars


Last night was a sleepless one as bad weather has also striked the portuguese mainland... I woke up around 3am with repeated lightning, strong gusts and the sound of what seemed to be very heavy rain, but when I opened my bedroom's window I was astonished to find the streets covered with hailstones as big as I've never seen before. It was pretty hard to get back to sleep. Thankfully the storm hasn't brought any harm to my home but I've heard about many places in the country which are quite of a mess right now. January is always the hardest month when it comes to extreme storms. I just hope it doesn't get as bad as last year's season.

Anyway, things are calmer now as the sun shines once in a while. I feel tired due to poor sleep but the day goes on and there are always many good things to be enjoyed. Last post I mentioned that one of my resolutions for 2014 was to appreciate everything I have in my life a little more. And a few days ago I found this great idea of a jar filled with good things that happen throughout the year, as well as a tutorial of how to make origami paper stars. I thought it would be an awesome way to help me materialize my resolution, so I started my own project of a jar of good things written on paper stars! Every night before I go to bed I'll get a stripe of paper, write something good about that day (some event, something I've learned, someone I've met...), fold it unto a little star and keep it in the jar. I might even buy some colored paper to make it even more fun!


When the last day of 2014 comes, it will be time to empty my jar(s) of grateful stars and recall all the best of the year. I know this isn't an original idea and that it has been around for a while, but I thought it would be the perfect way for me to stick to one of my goals. If you want feel free to tag along with your own grateful star jar and share your pictures of it on my Instagram!

And if you'd like to learn how to make these cute origami stars, be it for your jar or any other craft projects, here's the video that teached me how to make mine!



Enjoy your weekend everyone!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...