Monday, August 19, 2013

Late Summer Musings


Alas, August! It pains me to even type "late summer". I am not a 'proper' believer of the idea that all good things must come to an end, but when it comes to Summer, there's really nothing we can do about it right? Between easy grilled dinners and daytrips to the beach, hints of Autumn are already there too. The sun is starting to set a little earlier and the fairies have started to paint some leaves crimson and gold while the meadows prepare to draw back their plenty, and in no time Nature will start declining to rest in the earth.

There are although some things I really love about late summer. One of them is the relaxing scent of lavender. After taking these pictures outdoors, I could not resist and grabbed a few stems for myself- before they are all cut down.

[Disclaimer: All the following photographs were taken by myself, so if you plan to share them on your website or social media, please don't forget to include a link to this blog post! Thank you ❤]
  

I do love stepping on crunchy leaves with boots and high cozy socks but, to me, nothing beats the jovial beauty of bright blue skies and oceans and wildflower meadows in bloom. So please Fall, take it easy 'cause I'm not done yet!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...